CA Calgary Branch
Are you looking for a challenging workplace where you can work with professional and energetic colleagues? Who are passionate about what they do, and who are committed to deliver excellence every day? All in a work environment where safety and wellbeing in the workplace is our primary care, team spirit is fostered and integrity is at the core of our business. With operations throughout Europe and Canada we provide many opportunities for your professional growth!
We are currently hiring a Transport Trailer Technician/ Transport Trailer Technician Apprentice for our Calgary Team.
As a Trailer Technician you will be responsible for inspecting, diagnosing, maintaining, rebuilding, assembling and repairing transport trailers connected to, or moved by, a power unit. This includes flat decks, dry freight vans, refrigerated vans, chassis, converters, and any other commercial pull-type units.
YOUR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE:
- Performs preventative and scheduled maintenance on equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment to manufacturers’ specs
- Write explanations of work performed, review work orders accurately.
- Charge out all parts used for the specific task
- Complete PM inspections according to industry and Company Standards
- Ensures trailer condition rating is accurate or reports about it if it isn’t to the Service Manager
- Ensures trailer physical characteristics are entered on the work order
- Sets aside and tags parts that have been identified for warranty by the Service Manager
- Reports damages, suspected chargebacks or additional work not stipulated on work order to the Service Manager
- On completion, verifies: Parts, VIN plate, sign, hubo reading, work performed, tire work, potential damage, reefer/heater info engine hours, measurements tire and brake, retorque tag, sign off.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in training and reading technical bulletins and publications
YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Trailer Technician Certification/ Red Seal Certification or working towards their Apprenticeship
- Knowledge of Heavy Truck Garage safety principles and behaviours
- Experience in fabrication, welding, and/or tailgate repairs is an asset
- Knowledge of ABS diagnostics
- Good written and oral communication
- Collaborative team player
- Ability to lift up to 95 pounds.
- Experience in body work, fabrication, and welding is an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Above average pay package to above average employees
- Tool & Boot allowance and prescription safety glasses program
- Excellent pension plan
- Benefits package that includes an employee & family assistance plan, & a healthcare spending account.
- Internal and external training opportunities
At TIP Canada we recognize that it is our people who make the difference and are the key to our growth and ongoing success. If you want to join a growing Company and enjoy working with great people – then come grow with us!
TIP Canada is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates with disabilities. Please inform us if you require accommodation during the selection process and we will work with you to meet your needs.