PL Warsaw Office
Will you be our next TIP colleague?
Are you looking for a challenging workplace where you can work with professional and energetic colleagues? Who are passionate about what they do, and who are committed to deliver excellence every day? All in a work environment where safety and wellbeing in the workplace is our primary care, team spirit is fostered and integrity is at the core of our business. With operations throughout Europe and Canada we provide many opportunities for your professional growth!
Responsible for all accounting, month-end closing, statutory reporting and regulatory compliance related activities for the allocated regions/TIP entities, ensuring compliance with both IFRS and local GAAP.
Reports to the Corporate Accounting Director.
Lead and manage a team of (senior) accountants in different locations in Europe (NL, PL, DE).
Successful candidate will be required to:
- Ensure the month-end and year-end close for the allocated TIP entities is performed on time with quality.
- Perform variance analysis for the balance sheet and P&L
- Perform periodical balance sheet reconciliations and ensure proper backup documentation is available for all outstanding balances
- Provide accounting guidance to the regions and HQ (e.g. new business deals, acquisitions, legal entity mergers and system integrations)
- Liaise with external auditors to support the annual external audit and prepare the statutory financial statements in line with local GAAP
- Maintain the bridge file IFRS versus local GAAP and assess the impact of new accounting guidelines under local GAAP
- Ensure all other regulatory compliance reports (e.g. statistical reports, central bank reports) are prepared and filed on time with quality
- Work closely with the Tax Accounting function and support in tax audits.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) are of good quality and up to date facilitating easy hand-over of workstreams within the team
- Challenge the status quo and drive process improvements
- Develop, coach and train direct reports
- Willingness to periodically travel as required
- ACCA qualified or other relevant accounting qualification, 8-10 years of accounting experience in an international business environment and/or big 4 audit experience, including in people management roles
- Working knowledge of IFRS and preferably another GAAP
- Team leadership and people development skills
- Fluent in English – additional languages preferred
- Strong communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organisation
- Good planning skills for meeting all compliance related deadlines
- Proven track record in driving process improvements
- Attention to detail but also able to apply good judgement with respect to materiality
- Self-starter, quick learner, strong process orientation.
- Hands-on, energetic and proactive
TIP is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals.
Hiring is subject to a satisfactory reference check.
Please click on “Apply” to upload and submit your personal details and CV.