IT Project Manager
NL Amsterdam HQ
Will you be our next TIP colleague?
Are you looking for a challenging workplace where you can work with professional and energetic colleagues? Who are passionate about what they do, and who are committed to deliver excellence every day? All in a work environment where safety and wellbeing in the workplace is our primary care, team spirit is fostered and integrity is at the core of our business. With operations throughout Europe and Canada we provide many opportunities for your professional growth!
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Working with business project leaders to understand requirements and facilitate development of functional and technical specifications
- Utilisation of chosen technologies and outsourced resources to ensure high quality, timely deliverables
- Facilitates solution planning and estimating of IT programs and projects
- Leadership of project meetings, ensuring each meeting has a clear purpose, agenda, supporting materials and output / outcome
- Vendor management of the various third parties involved in the projects
- Influence, negotiation and expectation management of key stakeholders, internal and external to TIP
- Empowered to project manage the assigned initiative to meet the needs of the business, as outlined in the business case and articulated by the steering committee / sponsor
- Manages highly complex business issues arising from the implementation of new processes or functions
- Maintains and controls the project budget, schedule and resources
- Responsible for all aspects of project management, including project planning, resource allocation, steering committee leadership and team organizational structure management
- Responsible for project communications
- Manages project scope, risk and issue resolution
- Responsible for quality of project deliverables
- Manages integration of solution(s) into enterprise technical architecture and business environment
- Where applicable, responsible for managing relationship with consultant project / program management
- Responsible for ensuring that the project can deliver the benefits outlined in the business case, and that it meets the reasonable expectations of end users
- May be responsible for procurement of package-related hardware, software and services
- Provides timely and accurate reporting of assigned work status
Whilst the above outlines the main duties of the post the list is not exhaustive and duties may need to change in the light of future developments or from time to time as directed by your supervisor or manager.
- 10 years + project management experience, with responsibility for managing midsize to large teams, and influencing key stakeholders
- Excellent project management capabilities across all aspects of the development lifecycle. A solid track record of delivering projects in a complex organisation and technical environment
- Exposure and proven ability to negotiate, present and communicate with senior business leaders.
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance in a matrixed team environment with people of different skillsets ranging from junior to senior levels
- Experience in engaging at a commercial level with senior staff both technical and non-technical
- Strong vendor management skills
- Excellent organisation, problem solving, communication, prioritisation and facilitation skills
- Demonstrable evidence of leading application projects in a similar industry context
- Certification in PRINCE2 or similar recognised project management qualification
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to speak to technical-level staff and summarize communications for executive consumption
- Excellent management and team-building skills
- Extensive knowledge of project management software tools such as MS Project and Excel to effectively manage, monitor and control project activities
- Ability to analyze, understand and effectively communicate between business requirements and technical design and implementation
- Knowledge of business application life cycle management and system development life cycle management
- Budget planning and management
- Problem-solving, negotiation and decision-making skills to influence management as well as internal and external partners
- Works well with others in an integrated team environment
- Self-motivated and a problem solver
- Intercultural competence
- Fluent English
- Understanding of 6s or equivalent Quality methodologies
- Any other European language a distinct advantage
- Team player, able to work closely with peers to reach common goals
- Working knowledge of applications, infrastructure or services being implemented
- Certification in MSP or similar recognised programme management qualification
TIP is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals.
Hiring is subject to a satisfactory reference check.
Please click on “Apply” to upload and submit your personal details and CV.