Business Intelligence Analyst
NL Amsterdam HQ
Data Analyst – Job Description
About the company
TIP is one of Europe and Canada’s leading equipment service providers. We specialize in trailer and truck leasing, rental, maintenance, and repair, as well as other value-added services, and provide these to transportation and logistics customers across all our markets. Headquartered in Amsterdam, we service our customers from 129 locations spread over 18 countries in Europe, and Canada.
With approximately 108,000 units in our fleet, TIP is considered an industry leader, with one of the largest and most diverse trailer and truck fleets in Europe and Canada. In addition to maintaining our own fleet, we also provide maintenance and repair, together with other value-added services, for approximately 55,000 equivalent units belonging to our customers.
Will you be our next TIP colleague?
Are you looking for a challenging workplace where you can work with professional and energetic colleagues? Who are passionate about what they do, and who are committed to deliver excellence every day? All in a work environment where safety and wellbeing in the workplace is our primary care, team spirit is fostered, and integrity is at the core of our business. With operations throughout Europe and Canada we provide many opportunities for your professional growth!
TIP Data & Analytics is on a mission to create impact from data. We do this by creating engaging, informative and actionable data products that delight internal and external customers. As a Data Analyst in our department, you will have a hands-on role in a dynamic department working in an agile squad leveraging the latest, fully cloud, fully-Azure data fabric. You will support our mission by developing business critical dashboards using PowerBI, uncovering impactful insights using Python and SQL, and enhancing our data infrastructure using Azure Data Factory and Azure Functions.
Your activities will consist of:
- Leverage our data infrastructure to develop actionable business insights for internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and maintain engaging dashboards, reports and visuals using PowerBI for internal and external stakeholders
- Support the integration of organization-wide ERP implementation programs
- Partner with senior business leaders across domains to identify, define and measure new KPI’s
- Analyze business processes from a technical perspective to highlight issues and provide solutions to address them
- Maintaining and improving semantic data models (data models), and views for reporting and analysis
- Work with your squad’s Product Manager to identify opportunities for new marketable data products
- Foster a data driven culture with outreach, training, and documentation for our current and future tools
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with STEM or business analytics focus
- 3+ years hands-on experience with Python, T-SQL (SQL Server)
- Experience with agile methodologies, in a previous analyst or engineering role
- Familiarity with the Azure suite of products including Synapse Analytics, Azure Functions, PowerBI, DevOps
- Impeccable time management and organizational skills
- Superlative communication skills, including excellent command of the English language, able to break down complex systems coherently for a non-technical audience
- Experience implementing Data Science/Machine Learning models either professionally or as part of a personal portfolio (nice to have)
- Legal authorization to work in the European Union
You will be a great fit if you:
- Are passionate, enthusiastic, and eager to lead the department’s journey toward creating impact from data.
- Naturally think in a structured way, frequently breaking down new problems into logical components.
- Work cleanly and according to best practice (think Clean Code or Gang of Four)
- Naturally take a collaborative and pragmatic approach to solving business problems.
- Are comfortable using data to help drive decision making.
- Do enjoy going into the nitty gritty details, if necessary, but still see the big picture.
TIP is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals.
Hiring is subject to a satisfactory reference check.